Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrians involved in auto accidents in Memphis may be entitled to damages for medical treatment, loss of income, and distress. Our Memphis pedestrian accident lawyers can help victims fight back against tough insurance companies and secure the best results in a personal injury claim.
Have you recently been injured as a pedestrian in Memphis, Tennessee? You may have the right to file an insurance claim or lawsuit to recover compensation for your medical treatment, lost wages, and suffering. The experienced Memphis pedestrian accident lawyers at NST Law can help you maximize your financial recovery.
Since 1990, our award-winning Tennessee trial attorneys have been helping injured pedestrians and grieving families stand up to negligent motorists, insurance companies, and other tough defendants. Our client satisfaction is unparalleled, and our ability to achieve top results speaks for itself. Our law firm has recovered over $2 billion in benefits, settlements, and verdicts for clients like you.
Let us help you fight to get the money you deserve after your devastating pedestrian accident in Memphis. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation and are always standing by to answer your call. Contact us to get started today.
Table of Contents
- Are pedestrian accidents common in Memphis, Tennessee?
- Why should I hire a Memphis personal injury lawyer if I’m hit by a car?
- What are the most common causes of pedestrian accidents?
- How much is my pedestrian injury claim worth?
- Who’s liable for my injuries after a pedestrian accident?
- What types of damages are available to injured pedestrians in Memphis?
- We’ll fight to get compensation for all of your pedestrian accident injuries
- Schedule a time to speak with a Memphis pedestrian accident lawyer for free
Are pedestrian accidents common in Memphis, Tennessee?
Statistics show that pedestrian accidents tend to happen in more urban parts of Tennessee, like Memphis. In 2021, there were 454 auto accidents involving pedestrians in Memphis and surrounding cities in Shelby County, Tennessee.
That’s more than one pedestrian accident every single day.
Pedestrians aren’t equipped with a lot of protection when they’re walking down the road, which means that they’re especially vulnerable to serious injuries and death when they’re struck by a car. In 2021, 62 pedestrians lost their lives in traffic accidents in Shelby County.
Why should I hire a Memphis personal injury lawyer if I’m hit by a car?
Getting compensation isn’t always easy after a pedestrian accident in Memphis.
How can you know for sure what caused your accident? Who can be held financially accountable for your injuries? What happens if someone tries to point fingers and blame you? What is your pedestrian accident case worth?
These are all issues you’ll have to face, and you’ll be challenged by an insurance company every step of the way.
You can put yourself in the best position to win your case and maximize your financial recovery by enlisting the help of an experienced Memphis personal injury lawyer.
When you choose NST Law, you’ll get the opportunity to focus on recovering from your catastrophic pedestrian accident injuries while we:
- Handle all aspects of your claim for damages
- Investigate your accident to determine causation, fault, and liability
- Gather medical records, accident reports, photographs, witness statements, physical evidence from the scene, and other information that might benefit your claim
- Prepare and file necessary documents with insurance companies and/or the appropriate court
- Work closely with experts and specialists who can provide critical insight into why your accident happened and how your injuries may affect your life
- Negotiate to get you the best possible terms in a settlement
- Prepare to bring your case to trial in the event that you aren’t offered a fair deal
We’ve earned a reputation for going above and beyond for our clients and not resting until they’re properly compensated for the suffering they’ve endured. We’re nationally recognized, award-winning trial attorneys for a reason. Contact our Memphis law office to set up a free consultation and learn more.
What are the most common causes of pedestrian accidents?
Pedestrian accidents are largely avoidable. Unfortunately, Memphis doesn’t have the best pedestrian infrastructure, and drivers aren’t always careful when sharing the road. That can put pedestrians at risk, especially when someone is negligent.
As a result, some of the leading causes of pedestrian accidents in Memphis include:
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Rolling stops
- Failing to yield the right of way to pedestrians at intersections and crosswalks
- Making unsafe or illegal turns
- Failing to look for pedestrians before passing through an intersection
- Texting and driving and other forms of driver distraction
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued driving
- Limited visibility or obstructed view of the road
- Failing to signal before making a turn
Other factors, like vehicle malfunctions or defects, road construction, bad weather, and road rage, can also contribute to a motor vehicle accident with a pedestrian.
How much is my pedestrian injury claim worth?
It’s easy to wonder how much money you might be able to get if you file a personal injury lawsuit after you’re struck by a car in Memphis. In truth, the value of your pedestrian accident case will depend on:
- The type and extent of your injuries
- Whether you’re able to continue working after you get hurt
- How the trauma of being hit by a car affects your life – now and in the future
- Your age
- Your earning capacity before and after your pedestrian accident
- Whether you share responsibility for the accident
- The steps you took to mitigate your injuries and other factors.
The Memphis pedestrian accident attorney you choose to represent you can also affect how much money you get in a claim or lawsuit.
At NST Law, we’ve won over $2 billion, including many life-changing results for injured pedestrians like you. Get in touch with our personal injury law firm in Memphis to learn more about what your case is worth and how we can help you maximize your recovery.
Who’s liable for my injuries after a pedestrian accident?
In Tennessee, liability is shared by everyone who directly or indirectly contributes to a pedestrian accident.
Potentially liable parties might include:
- Negligent motorists
- Other pedestrians
- Property owners
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Government agencies, or
Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Memphis will carefully consider the cause(s) of your accident and then pursue damages from anyone who caused you to get hurt.
What if I’m getting blamed for the pedestrian accident?
As a victim, you can also share responsibility for your pedestrian accident. Tennessee is one of a handful of states to adopt a modified comparative fault system with a 50 percent bar to recovery. You can recover compensation as long as you’re less than half to blame for your pedestrian accident. Once your liability equals or exceeds half, you lose the right to recover damages from other parties.
Sharing a small fraction of the blame will affect how much money you can get. Damages will be limited by your degree of fault. If you’re assigned 15 percent fault, your financial award will be reduced by 15 percent.
Our experienced litigators will help to defend you against claims that you share responsibility for your pedestrian accident. These claims, which are often made without proof or supported by the facts, can hurt your chances of financial recovery. We’ll be ready to fight back, disprove the allegations, and work to minimize the fault assigned to you.
What types of damages are available to injured pedestrians in Memphis?
Pedestrians who are injured in Memphis car accidents can generally recover economic damages and non-economic damages in a claim or lawsuit.
Economic damages are paid to put you back in the financial situation you were in before you got hurt and can include money for:
- Hospitalization and current medical bills
- Rehabilitation and future medical expenses
- Nursing care
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Lost work benefits
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial expenses if a pedestrian accident is fatal
Non-economic damages are paid to compensate for the consequences of being hit by a car that’s tough to value.
Often referred to as pain and suffering damages, it can include money for:
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Our top-rated Memphis personal injury attorneys will actively pursue all of the damages to which you’re entitled under Tennessee state law.
We’ll fight to get compensation for all of your pedestrian accident injuries
Pedestrians tend to suffer catastrophic injuries when they’re involved in auto accidents in Memphis.
The pedestrian accident attorneys at NST Law are ready to help you fight to recover compensation for:
- Broken bones
- Strains, sprains, bruising, and other soft tissue injuries
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Crushing injury
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Wrongful death of a family member and other injuries.
If you are hurting, you should get to the doctor as soon as you can after you are hit by a car in Memphis. The sooner you get help, the better the odds of making a full physical recovery. In addition to limiting the risk of complications, your visit will also help to document your injury. This can be critical when you decide to file a claim for damages.
Schedule a time to speak with a Memphis pedestrian accident lawyer for free
You’ll have a limited time to file a pedestrian accident lawsuit in Memphis, Tennessee. The statute of limitations is just one year from the date of your accident. If you miss the deadline, you’ll lose the opportunity to get the money you deserve.
Call the champs at NST Law to preserve your legal rights and put yourself in the position to win your case. We offer a free consultation and are ready to provide the guidance you need today.
Contact us for a free consultation now so that we can review your case and decide how we can best help you.
488 S. Mendenhall Road Memphis, TN 38117
4466 Elvis Presley Blvd
Memphis, TN 38116