Best Little Rock Hospitals
According to Healthgrades, Little Rock, Arkansas, has five hospitals. Little Rock residents also have access to 14 hospitals in surrounding towns and cities.
This means you have a lot of hospitals to choose from if you’re in the middle of a health crisis. However, not every hospital is right for you. Some Little Rock hospitals are targeted toward certain demographics, such as children, whereas others provide specific medical care, such as heart surgery.
Luckily, our Little Rock personal injury lawyers are here to help. Read on to learn more about the best hospitals in Little Rock and surrounding areas. We hope to provide with the insight to know which health care facility is right for you, whether you have non-emergency medical needs or must be hospitalized after an accident.
Table Of Contents
Best General Hospitals
The Little Rock area has several general hospitals that are well-known for their broad range of specialties and high level of care.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Health
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Health is a hospital associated with the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. It provides a wide range of services, including:
- Behavioral health, both outpatient and inpatient
- Adult heart care
- Burn care
- Diabetes and endocrinology care
- Cancer care
- Dental care
- Digestive health care
- Ear, throat, and nose care
- Hearing and balance
- Emergency care
- Organ transplants
- Neurology services
- Spine care
- Pediatric care
In 2022, UAMS Health received national recognition for providing high-quality stroke care for the eighth consecutive year, and it is the only Level 1 trauma center in Arkansas.
UAMS Health is located at 4301 W. Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72205.
CHI St. Vincent
CHI St. Vincent Infirmary is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization that serves the health care needs of Arkansans from all 75 counties. It is one of the critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Little Rock.
This 600-bed hospital provides a wide array of services, including:
- Cancer care
- Neuroscience-related care
- Heart care
- Physical therapy
- Gynecology and obstetrics
- Nuclear medicine
- Cardiology services
- Sleep services
- Spinal care and services
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation
- Diabetes services
- Walk-in/urgent care
In 2022, CHI St. Vincent was named one of the 2022 Fortune/Merative 15 Top Health Systems. It also boasts the highest recognition for nursing, the Magnet designation.
CHI St. Vincent is located at 2 St. Vincent Circle, Little Rock, AR 72205.
Baptist Health Medical Center — Little Rock
The Baptist Health Medical Center–Little Rock is a critical access hospital that has provided quality health care to Arkansans for nearly 100 years. It is the largest private, not-for-profit hospital in Arkansas and provides a wide range of services using the latest innovative technology. This 800-bed facility provides the following services and more:
- Heart health
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Non-surgical weight loss options
- Surgical weight loss options
- Virtual care
- Back and spine/neurosurgery
- Nutritional services
- Sleep disorders
- Occupational health
It also has a chapel on the first floor of the hospital. Chaplains are available to meet with families.
This hospital has received national recognition for stroke care. It boasts the following achievements:
- Stroke Gold Plus
- Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll
- Target: Stroke Honor Roll
Baptist Health Medical Center–Little Rock is located at 9601 Baptist Health Dr., Little Rock, AR 72205.
Conway Regional Medical Center
Founded in 1921, Conway Regional Medical Center provides comprehensive health care services to communities in North Central Arkansas. As a critical access hospital, it offers many services, including:
- Adult psychiatric services
- Emergency services
- Labor and delivery
- Wound healing
- Laboratory services
- Cancer services
- Infectious diseases
- Home care
- Dental services
- Sleep services
- Counseling services
- Men’s health
- Women’s health
This hospital has won many awards, including:
- AV’s Best of 2022: Best Place to Have a Baby, Best Hospital, and Best Overall Company (third consecutive year)
- Magnet recognition
- Arkansas Business: Best Places to Work (fifth consecutive year)
- AMP: Most Admired Hospital (second consecutive year)
- Modern Healthcare: Best Places to Work (fifth consecutive year)
- Gallagher: 2021 Best-in-Class Employer
Conway Regional Medical Center is located at 2302 College Ave, Conway, AR 72034.
Arkansas Children's Hospital
The Arkansas Children’s Hospital is among the largest pediatric hospitals in the United States, serving infants, children, teens, and young adults from birth to 21 years old. It offers full-suite services, including:
- Surgery, treatments, and other services for children with neurological disorders
- Urologic treatments and surgeries for urinary tract disorders like dysfunctional voiding, kidney stones, bedwetting, and hypospadias
- Specialty care for children with blood and bleeding disorders, some types of cancer, and tumors
- General pediatric surgery
- Primary care, including well-child visits, newborn care, immunizations, and physicals
- World-class non-invasive cardiac diagnostic studies
- Gynecological consultations, surgeries, evaluations, and medical treatments
This hospital has won various awards, including:
- U.S. News: Best Children’s Hospitals, ranked in seven specialties (2022 to 2023)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center: Magnet recognized
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses: Beacon Award of Excellence (2019)
The Arkansas Children’s Hospital is located at 1 Children’s Way, Little Rock, AR 72202.
Arkansas Surgical Hospital
The Arkansas Surgical Hospital is a physician-owned specialty hospital that opened in 2005. Its caring staff and experienced physicians provide exceptional health care to patients. This hospital specializes in spine and orthopedic treatments but also deals with the following:
- Breast oncology
- Hands and wrists
- Interventional pain management
This hospital is focused on patient safety and quality outcomes. It boasts the following:
- An infection rate of under 0.3% (compared to the national average of 3%)
- An all Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)-certified nursing staff
- Hourly rounding by clinical care team members
- Staffing that gives nurses more time with their patients
- 41 private patient suites with separate space for visitors
- Wireless internet service
- 13 operating rooms
- River Trail Grille restaurant
This hospital received the 2021 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellent Award for Patient Experience.
The Arkansas Surgical Hospital is located at 5201 Northshore Dr., North Little Rock, AR 72118.
Arkansas Heart Hospital
The Arkansas Heart Hospital is the leading cardiac hospital in Arkansas.
The main campus is located in the heart of Little Rock, with clinics in North Little Rock and Little Rock. The hospital offers a broad selection of cardiac services, including:
- Bariatric surgery
- Cardiac CT scans
- Cardiology and catheterization procedures
- Heartsaver CT scans
- Vascular procedures
- Wound care
- Operating room procedures, including amputations, aortic arch replacement, and biopsies
- Heart rhythm treatments, such as electrical mapping and ablation, genetic testing, lead extraction, and pacemaker placement and extraction
In 2021, this hospital was named one of the World’s Best Specialized Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year. Newsweek awarded the 2022 designation for its cardiac surgery and cardiology.
The Arkansas Heart Hospital is located at 1701 South Shackleford Rd., Little Rock, AR 72211.
Levi Hospital is a critical access hospital that has provided specialty therapy and care for the body and mind since 1914. Located in Hot Springs, this nonprofit hospital offers many physical therapy options, including balance and fall prevention, aquatic therapy, and occupational therapy.
Levi Hospital’s physical rehabilitation departments boast a 50-by-20-foot pool with thermal waters from Hot Springs National Park and a 3,000-square-foot gym. Its experienced staff can help patients recover from sports-related injuries, surgery, accidents, and strokes. The hospital also provides:
- Treatment for physical pain associated with osteoporosis, arthritis, and lupus
- Comprehensive outpatient mental health care, including counseling, therapy, assessments, and medical management
- Inpatient psychiatric treatment, including community outreach, counseling, and support
Levi Hospital is located at 300 Prospect Ave., Hot Springs, AR 71901.
Health Care in Little Rock, Arkansas
Little Rock, Arkansas, offers many first-rate hospitals for various healthcare needs and demographics.
Whether hurt in a car accident, injured in the workplace or harmed at the hands of a medical professional, Little Rock residents are vulnerable to minor wounds and severe trauma every day. Obtaining health care from a trusted hospital with competent and compassionate staff is essential for recovery and can literally mean the difference between life and death.
If you or a loved one have been hospitalized due to someone else’s negligent actions, contact the champions for the injured at NST Law for a free case review. Our experienced attorneys will walk you through the process of filing a lawsuit and help you get the justice you deserve. We also conduct hospital visits.
Contact us for a free consultation now so that we can review your case and decide how we can best help you.
Little Rock Construction Accidents
Little Rock Medical Malpractice
Little Rock Motorcycle Accidents
Little Rock Nursing Home Abuse
Little Rock Pedestrian Accidents
Little Rock Social Security Disability
4 Shackleford Plaza Suite 211
Little Rock, AR 72211
425 W Capitol Ave, Ste. 780
Little Rock, AR 72201