Nashville Product Liability Lawyer
Table Of Contents
- Navigating Product Liability Law in Nashville
- The Role of NST Law in Nashville Product Liability Cases
- Types of Defective Products and Resulting Losses
- Seeking Compensation for Product-Related Injuries
- Consultation With Medical Professionals
- Preventing Product-Related Issues
- Contact NST Law: Your Partner in Product Liability Cases
As a consumer, you have the right to expect that the products you purchase are reasonably safe for their intended use. However, some products fail to meet this standard, resulting in losses or injuries for the consumer. Learn how the Nashville product liability lawyers at NST Law can help you pursue compensation for your losses after an injury caused by a defective product.
When you purchase a product, you expect that it is safe for its intended use. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case, and defective products can cause injury and losses to unsuspecting consumers. Designers, manufacturers, and marketers can be held liable for their roles in a defective product’s production and sale.
If a defective product has harmed you in Nashville, Tennessee, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. At NST Law, we strive to recover maximum compensation for our clients in product liability cases. When you turn to our Nashville product liability lawyers, you can rest assured that your case is being handled by a team of trusted legal professionals with the experience, knowledge, and resources to get the best verdict or settlement possible on your behalf.
Navigating Product Liability Law in Nashville
Nashville product liability claims are largely governed by the Tennessee Code, Title 29, Chapter 28. To pursue a successful product liability claim under this legal framework, you must show the product was “unreasonably dangerous” or in a “defective condition” when it left the manufacturer or seller’s control.
Tennessee law defines a defective condition as one that renders a product unsafe for the ordinary consumer’s intended use. Similarly, the law defines an “unreasonably dangerous” product as one that is dangerous beyond what a consumer with ordinary knowledge would expect. A product may also be unreasonably dangerous if a reasonably careful manufacturer or seller would not have put it on the market knowing of its unsafe condition.
Three main types of defects can lead to a product liability claim in Tennessee—manufacturing, design, and marketing defects. A manufacturing defect is a flaw that arises during the production process, while a design defect is a problem that is inherent to the product’s design before any production takes place. A marketing defect occurs when a product is unsafe due to insufficient safety warnings or marketing materials that fail to disclose important information.
The Role of NST Law in Nashville Product Liability Cases
At NST Law, we proudly represent victims of defective products in Nashville and the surrounding areas. With dozens of attorneys and over 120 support staff members, our team is well-equipped to handle complex product liability cases.
We have over 30 years of experience practicing personal injury law in the Nashville area, and our attorneys have decades of combined experience in product liability cases. Our reputation for excellence has earned us recognition in Nashville and the greater legal community.
Successful Cases Handled by Our Nashville Product Liability Lawyers
As champions for the injured, we don’t just talk the talk; we walk the walk. Our Nashville product liability lawyers have attained successful verdicts and settlements for numerous clients in cases involving dangerous products, medical devices, medications, and more.
Some of the highlights include the following:
- A $511,509 settlement for the family of a 44-year-old client who died from a heart attack caused by the pain control pill Celebrex
- A $429,138 settlement for the children of a 47-year-old man who suffered a fatal heart attack from using the pain control medication Vioxx
- A significant confidential settlement for a 32-year-old man who suffered traumatic injuries from an airbag malfunction
- Numerous confidential settlements in excess of $1,000,000 for product defects, including airbags failing to deploy
Types of Defective Products and Resulting Losses
Our skilled and experienced Nashville product liability lawyers handle a wide variety of cases involving any kind of dangerous or defective product. The following are some of the most common types of products that give rise to claims:
- Automotive parts and vehicles: Defective brakes, steering systems, airbags, tires, car roofs, and other automotive components can cause serious accidents and injuries.
- Medical devices: Implantable medical devices such as pacemakers and hip replacements can cause infections and other complications when improperly designed or manufactured.
- Pharmaceuticals: Prescription drugs must be carefully formulated and tested to ensure they do not harm patients. When drugs have known risks that are not adequately disclosed, patients may suffer life-altering or deadly side effects.
- Children’s products: Toys, cribs, car seats, infant formulas, and other products designed for infants and children may pose hazards if not designed or manufactured according to safety standards.
- Electrical appliances and devices: Faulty wiring, design flaws, and other defects can lead to fires and explosions in electrical appliances and handheld devices such as hair straighteners, washing machines, microwaves, air conditioners, and vape pens such as Juul.
- Furniture: Faulty construction, design defects, and manufacturing errors can lead to unstable or otherwise hazardous furniture.
- Industrial machinery: When not designed or manufactured properly, industrial equipment, such as bulldozers and other heavy machinery, can pose significant dangers to workers and passersby.
- Chemical products: When products such as sunscreens, paints, solvents, herbicides such as Roundup and Paraquat, personal care products, and cleaning products are improperly labeled or contain toxic substances, they can cause severe injuries.
Defective products can lead to various injuries, including burns, lacerations, fractures, traumatic brain injuries, and even death. Likewise, defective chemical and medical products can cause blood clots, cardiac arrest, organ damage, birth defects, cancer, and other serious health complications.
Depending on the type and severity of the injury, victims of defective products may be entitled to compensation for their medical bills, lost wages from missed work days or job loss due to injury, pain and suffering, and other losses sustained due to the defective product.
Seeking Compensation for Product-Related Injuries
The steps you take in the immediate aftermath can significantly affect the result of your product liability case. If you believe a defective product has injured you, be sure to do the following:
- Seek immediate medical attention: Even if your injury seems minor, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Delayed treatment can result in more serious health conditions, a longer recovery time, and an inability to prove the product caused your injury.
- Document everything: Take photos of the product and your injuries, make records of any relevant conversations you have had with manufacturers or retailers, keep all medical bills and records, and collect contact information for any witnesses. It’s also helpful to collect any applicable product manuals or labels, warranty information, receipts from the purchase, and the original packaging, if available.
- Contact an experienced product liability lawyer: An attorney can determine whether you have a valid claim and how to pursue it. Product liability claims in Tennessee are subject to a deadline known as the statute of limitations, so it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible.
Once you’ve taken these steps, our product liability lawyers in Nashville, Tennessee, can help you build a solid case and pursue the compensation you deserve. This may involve negotiating a settlement with the liable party or litigating your claim in court.
Consultation With Medical Professionals
One of our law firm‘s core strengths is having the resources to consult with medical experts who help us build strong product liability cases based on the facts. These experts can provide invaluable insight into the cause of your injury and how it connects to a defective product.
Depending on the specifics of your case, we may consult with medical professionals such as cardiologists, neurologists, and toxicologists to obtain an unbiased opinion on the cause of your injuries. We have retained experts from renowned academic medical centers, hospitals, and research institutions in Nashville.
When we consult with medical experts, we draw on their knowledge and experience to create a comprehensive picture of your injury and how it relates to the defective product. However, this alone isn’t always enough. Medical expert testimony is only as strong as the evidence supporting it, so it is important to document your injury in detail and seek medical attention soon after the incident. The longer you wait to get medical care, the more difficult it can be to prove that a product defect caused your injury.
Preventing Product-Related Issues
Though it is not always possible to prevent product-related injuries and losses, proactive measures can reduce the likelihood of an incident occurring. As a consumer, make sure to practice the following:
- Read product labels and warnings before use. Only use a product for its intended purpose and understand its potential risks.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully when assembling, operating, or maintaining products.
- Regularly check for product recalls. You can find information about recent recalls on the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website. If a product is recalled, do not use it.
- Be mindful of expiration dates. Avoid using expired products.
- Report any hazards or defects you observe to the manufacturer and retailer.
Of course, many product-related incidents occur simply because of design flaws or mistakes by manufacturers, marketers, and retailers. Even when you follow the above precautions, you may still be the victim of a defective product—and if you are, NST Law can help.
Contact NST Law: Your Partner in Product Liability Cases
If a defective product has injured you in Nashville, TN, trust the experienced lawyers at NST Law to provide the representation you need. We have a thorough understanding of product liability laws and extensive experience successfully handling product liability cases. We are committed to empowering Nashville’s consumers to make informed decisions and providing individualized legal guidance tailored to your needs.
Contact us online or call 901-445-7866 to schedule a free consultation. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means we only get paid if we recover compensation on your behalf, and there are no upfront costs for our services.