Nashville Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, you need help. These accidents can lead to serious injuries with long-term issues. You need an experienced bicycle accident lawyer to protect your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve. At NST Law, our legal team can guide you through the process. We know the nuances of Tennessee’s bicycle and personal injury laws and can help you navigate the legal process.
Bicycling provides a healthy and environmentally friendly way to travel the roads of Nashville. However, with more bicyclists on the streets, there is an increased chance of accidents. Injuries from these incidents can range from bumps and bruises to brain trauma or even death.
In cases like this, families must navigate the legal process to seek compensation, which often involves filing suit in the proper court or dealing with aggressive insurance adjusters. In these situations, a Nashville bicycle accident lawyer provides an invaluable service to families struggling with these issues.
At NST Law, we are Champions for the Injured and your trusted partner in recovering damages for such accidents. Our legal team will hold the responsible parties accountable for your injuries. When you need assistance with a personal injury case in Nashville, call the champs!
Table Of Contents
- Nashville Bicycle Accident Lawyers at NST Law
- Bicycle Accidents in Nashville
- Bicycle Accident Legal Services From NST Law
- Guiding You Through Nashville’s Bicycle Accident Legal Process
- Bicycle Rules in Nashville, TN
- Securing Compensation for Nashville Bicycle Accident Victims
- Promoting Safe Riding To Reduce Nashville Bicycle Accidents
- Contact the Bike Accident Attorneys at NST Law
Nashville Bicycle Accident Lawyers at NST Law
For over 30 years, the legal team at NST Law has proudly served the Nashville area. Since our team understands Nashville’s traffic laws and biking regulations, we know how these rules can affect your case. With our local presence and extensive legal experience, we are committed to protecting the rights of bicyclists throughout Tennessee.
Throughout the years, we have represented numerous victims and their loved ones and recovered over $2 billion in settlements, verdicts, and judgments. Trust NST Law to stand by your side, championing your rights every step of the way.
Bicycle Accidents in Nashville
Nashville has seen a surge in bicycling in recent years. While cyclists comprise less than 0.3 percent of Nashville commuters, 2 percent of all fatal and serious injury collisions involve these individuals.
With the city’s popularity as a vacation destination, many people choose to explore the city by bike. That means more people are riding bicycles on the streets. Many times, they are unfamiliar with the roads and local traffic patterns. They may not know about biking lanes or follow the direction of traffic, leading to accidents.
Drivers on the road may be unfamiliar with the local traffic patterns or might not be fully aware of their surroundings. This lack of awareness leads to mistakes on the road, resulting in collisions with bicyclists.
Also, when traffic volume increases, the risk of accidents also rises. Unless in a designated lane, drivers and bicyclists often share the same space on the road. In these situations, the chances of errors increase, leading to potential accidents.
Alcohol can also play a major role in these incidents. Intoxicated drivers may not see a bicycle on the road and collide with them.
Electric bikes are another concern in the city. These motorized devices allow users to travel at a higher rate of speed than on regular pedal bikes. Unfortunately, many individuals do not know how to properly use these bicycles. This lack of control can lead to accidents, especially at higher speeds.
No matter the factors leading to a crash or other incident, you need an experienced bike accident attorney on your side.
Bicycle Accident Legal Services From NST Law
At NST Law, we offer legal services that address the unique scenarios of bicycle accidents in Nashville. Our team of dedicated lawyers knows the local ordinances and regulations that govern bicycling in the city.
Our services include the following:
- Analyzing your case
- Evaluating your damages
- Investigating your accident
- Gathering evidence
- Filing all the necessary paperwork
- Conducting litigation
- Representing you in court
- Negotiating with insurance companies and the opposition
With every case, we take a personalized approach. We take the time to understand the specifics and develop the strategy that best serves your interests.
Guiding You Through Nashville's Bicycle Accident Legal Process
Navigating through the legal process of a bicycle accident in Nashville can be complex, but NST Law is here to guide you every step of the way. Time is essential in these cases. Tennessee has a statute of limitations that requires filing a claim within one year of the accident.
The legal journey begins with gathering all the necessary evidence to build a strong case. Many times, this includes:
- Accident reports
- Witness statements
- Available video footage
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Physical evidence
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Repair bills
- Expert witness reports
With this evidence, our bike accident lawyer negotiates with insurance companies. We will always work for your best interests. However, we are prepared to represent you in court if negotiations do not produce a satisfactory settlement. Throughout this process, we protect your rights and listen to your concerns.
Bicycle Rules in Nashville, TN
In Nashville, bicycles have the same legal status as motor vehicles. Thus, all bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as motor vehicle drivers. Under Tennessee law, bicyclists must:
- Ride on the right-hand side of the road with traffic.
- Follow all traffic signals and signs.
- Use hand signals to communicate intended movements.
All those who ride at night must equip the bicycle with a front light. In addition, the bike needs to have a red reflector visible from a distance of at least 500 hundred feet to the rear.
When determining fault in a bicycle accident in Nashville, Tennessee, has adopted modified comparative fault for assessing damages in personal injury cases. If the injured party is determined to be 49 percent at fault or less, they can recover for their damages.
The driver and the rental company could share liability in an accident involving a rental bike or car. If the vehicle driver did not obey traffic laws or was distracted while driving, they may be liable.
Also, a bike rental company could bear some responsibility if it fails to maintain its bikes safely or provide necessary safety equipment. However, determining liability in cases can be complicated. These accident cases require thorough investigation and legal experience.
Securing Compensation for Nashville Bicycle Accident Victims
In Nashville, victims of bicycle accidents are entitled to various types of compensation:
- Medical expenses: These include immediate medical care following the accident and future medical costs for ongoing treatment or rehabilitation. Compensation can cover hospital visits, surgeries, medications, and required medical equipment.
- Lost wages: Accident victims may recover lost wages if the accident prevents the victim from working. This can also include loss of earning capacity due to their injuries.
- Property damage: Compensation may cover the costs of repairing or replacing the bicycle. This compensation may also cover other damaged items, such as helmets and protective gear.
- Non-economic damages: Accident victims may recover compensation for the harder-to-quantify impacts on their lives, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, inconvenience, and loss of enjoyment of activities. Tennesse law caps the non-economic damages at $750,000, which increases to $1 million for catastrophic injuries.
- Punitive Damages: In cases where the liable party was extremely negligent or reckless, the injured party may be awarded punitive damages. These damages punish the other party for their actions, such as a hit-and-run. This award acts as a deterrent to prevent future behavior. Tennessee caps punitive damages at twice the compensatory damages or $500,000, whichever is greater.
Promoting Safe Riding To Reduce Nashville Bicycle Accidents
In Nashville, promoting safe riding practices is crucial to reducing bicycle accidents. Here are some Nashville safety tips for bicycle riders:
- Understand traffic laws: Bicycles are considered vehicles in Nashville, meaning bicyclists must follow the same traffic laws as motorists.
- Be visible: Always make yourself visible to others. Consider wearing bright colors when riding. Reflectors on your bicycle can also improve visibility.
- Avoid riding at night: If you must ride at night, use lights and reflectors.
You may avoid bicycle accidents in Nashville by adhering to these safety tips.
Contact the Bike Accident Attorneys at NST Law
Bicycle accidents in Nashville often lead to serious injuries, leaving victims in worrying legal situations. At NST Law, we understand the local ordinances and regulations. Our team is here to provide you with the legal help needed for these cases.
We encourage anyone involved in a Nashville bicycle accident to contact our Nashville office. You can schedule an appointment with one of our skilled bicycle accident lawyers by calling 615-249-1946 or contacting the office.