Southaven Car Accidents
Have you been involved in an automobile accident in Southaven or DeSoto County? Were you injured as a result of the accident? If your accident was caused by the negligence of another driver, then you may be able to pursue a claim for your bodily injuries and property damage and seek compensation in the form of monetary damages. Car accidents can have devastating consequences. Beyond the physical pain and suffering, you may be left with a mountain of unpaid medical bills, vehicle repair bills, and other losses. If any of this applies to you, contact Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz today for a free consultation with one of our experienced Southaven car accident attorneys. We have successfully represented thousands of accident victims across the Mid-South, and we will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.Seeking Compensation Following a Car Crash in DeSoto County
Mississippi has the 6th highest traffic death rate in the United States, with accidents being the 4th leading cause of death in Mississippi. Only heart disease, cancer, and respiratory diseases are more deadly. In 2013, close to 1,700 people died in traffic accidents in Mississippi alone. Thousands more suffered injuries as a result of auto accidents.
Southaven, Mississippi is home to some of the busiest and most dangerous intersections in the Magnolia State, including:
- Airways Boulevard and Goodman Road
- Church Road and Getwell Road
- Goodman Road and U.S. 51
- Goodman Road and Swinnea Road
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Southaven, then you may be able to seek compensation for your bodily injuries and property damage. However, to do so, you will need to prove that the other driver’s negligent actions caused the accident which, in turn, caused you to suffer injuries and damages. Your damages may come in the form of property damage, medical expenses, doctor bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, or loss of consortium. Our lawyers are familiar with the elements of damages that may apply to victims of car accidents in the Southaven area.
If the other driver engaged in an illegal action such as texting while driving, driving while intoxicated, or speeding, it may be possible for you to proceed under a theory of negligence per se. Under this theory, an act is considered negligent simply because it violated a law, such as a speed limit law. If no citation was issued, as is often the case in Mississippi traffic crashes, you will have to show negligence through eyewitness testimony or other evidence obtained from the scene of a crash in Southaven. Our experienced car accident lawyers will be able to review your case, interview eyewitnesses, and gather the evidence needed to establish the defendant’s negligence.
If no tickets were issued, you should still contact our attorneys for a free consultation. Even if you may have contributed to the accident, you could still recover for your injuries, reduced by the percentage of fault that is attributed to you. Mississippi follows the pure comparative negligence rule where you can pursue a personal injury claim against another negligent driver even if some blame is allocated to you. For example, suppose that a judge or jury determined that you were 30% at fault for the accident and that the other driver was 70% to blame. In that scenario, the other driver would still be liable for his or her 70% of negligence that contributed to the crash, and you would be able to seek partial compensation in the amount of 70% for your injuries. Even if the other driver is trying to point the finger at you following the accident, our firm may still be able to take your case, and we will strive to get you the maximum recovery available under the law.Seek the Advice of a Car Accident Attorney in Southaven
Car crashes occur daily across Mississippi and other southern states, and many people suffer debilitating injuries requiring prolonged medical treatment and care. If you have been injured in a car collision due to the negligence of another driver, you should retain the auto accident lawyers at Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz to assist you with your bodily injury claim. We have more than 30 years of experience in personal injury claims, with more than $1.5 billion recovered for our clients during that time. Contact our Southaven car accident lawyers by calling 800-529-4004 or by completing our online form for a free consultation, and we are available to meet you at any location of your choice. If you need a car or truck wreck lawyer in the Southaven area, NST is the way to go.