Nashville Anesthesia Malpractice Lawyer
From epidurals to spinal taps to laughing gas administered during dental procedures, anesthesia is widely used in medical procedures nationwide every day. Unfortunately, despite the extensive education and training anesthesiologists receive, dosage, administration, and monitoring errors are common. If you’ve been injured or lost a family member because of an anesthesia error, now is the time to demand justice. With over 30 years of experience, our Nashville anesthesia malpractice attorneys can help you maximize your financial recovery.
An estimated 60,000 people receive general anesthesia across the United States every day. Unfortunately, anesthesia isn’t always administered correctly. At least 85 percent of anesthesiologists surveyed admitted to making a mistake at some point in time during their careers.
Anesthesia errors can be devastating, causing debilitating injuries, neurological problems, and even death.
If you’ve been the victim of an anesthesia error in Nashville, Tennessee, it’s important to consider your legal options. At NST Law, we’re leaders in medical malpractice litigation. Our Nashville anesthesia malpractice lawyers have been fighting for victims of medical errors for more than 33 years. Since 1990, we’ve won over $2 billion in life-changing awards for our clients.
Let us take on the negligent anesthesiologist, the hospital, the insurance company, and anyone else who attempts to stand between you and the compensation you deserve. We offer a free initial case evaluation, so contact our Nashville, TN, law office to schedule yours today.
Table Of Contents
- Why Choose NST Law for Nashville Anesthesia Malpractice Cases?
- How NST Law Can Help You
- Anesthesia Malpractice: Understanding the Issue
- What Damages Can I Get In a Nashville Anesthesia Malpractice Lawsuit?
- How Long Do I Have to File an Anesthesia Malpractice Case in Nashville, Tennessee?
- Contact NST Law – Nashville Anesthesia Malpractice Lawyers
Why Choose NST Law for Nashville Anesthesia Malpractice Cases?
Like other medical professionals in Nashville, anesthesiologists must adhere to high standards. When an anesthesiologist makes a mistake that results in a patient’s injury or death, they can be held legally accountable in a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Anesthesiology error cases can be challenging because they involve complex matters of medicine and law. To win your case, enlist a law firm with extensive experience handling anesthesia malpractice cases, a strong network of medical professionals to provide insight and guidance, and a genuine interest in positively impacting your life.
Here’s why anesthesia error victims have trusted our Nashville medical malpractice attorneys for more than 33 years:
- We’ve recovered over $2 billion in settlements and jury awards, including millions in damages in medical malpractice cases.
- Our attorneys’ dedication to the practice of law has earned them some of the most prestigious honors in the legal industry, including Super Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and America’s Most Honored Lawyers.
- With over 175 attorneys and staff, we can offer our clients the best of both worlds: the resources and strength of a large firm and the personalized, compassionate representation traditionally offered by smaller firms.
- Our attorneys are accomplished trial attorneys who thrive when trying a case before a jury.
- We’re so confident we can win that hiring our personal injury attorneys in Nashville costs nothing unless we win your case.
At NST Law, we’re Champions for the Injured. Our goal isn’t just to help you win your case. We’re invested in your well-being, health, and future. We’re here to make a genuine difference in your life and be a system of support to lean on during an incredibly difficult time in your life.
You don’t have to take our word for it—consider the 1,000+ client reviews highlighting the benefits of working with our firm.
Contact our law office in Nashville to speak with a member of our team and schedule a time for a free case evaluation. We’re always here when you need help the most, 24/7/365.
How NST Law Can Help You
You’ve suffered a devastating injury because the anesthesiologist on your health care team made a mistake. You deserve justice, and NST Law can help.
When you turn to our Nashville personal injury law firm for help with your anesthesia malpractice case, count on us to do the following:
- Provide an in-depth assessment of your malpractice case and explain the legal process of filing a lawsuit.
- Carefully investigate the circumstances of your medical care and determine exactly why and how the anesthesia error occurred.
- Subpoena pertinent medical records and documents.
- Gather the evidence needed to build a strong foundation for your legal claim.
- Consult with trustworthy and respected medical experts who have specialized knowledge of surgical and anesthesia practices.
- Represent you during all conversations, negotiations, and hearings.
- Support your lawsuit with a Certificate of Good Faith, as Tennessee state law requires.
- Utilize tried-and-true negotiation strategies to leverage a meaningful settlement offer on your behalf.
- Have a top-rated Tennessee trial attorney bring your case to a jury if you don’t receive a fair offer.
Medical malpractice lawsuits—including those involving anesthesia errors—are incredibly complex. They require considerable monetary resources, relationships with trusted medical experts, and a working knowledge of Tennessee malpractice law.
NST Law is uniquely positioned to get the maximum value for your anesthesia malpractice case. Call us to get started today.
Anesthesia Malpractice: Understanding the Issue
Anesthesia is the practice of controlled and temporary loss of sensation or consciousness by administering drugs or gases. These drugs and gases work by blocking signals in the nervous system, which prevents the body from experiencing pain during surgical procedures.
Medical malpractice refers to a health care provider’s deviation from accepted standards within the medical industry. Anesthesia malpractice refers to an anesthesiologist’s deviation from accepted standards for administering and monitoring anesthetic medication.
While commonly used across the United States, anesthesia carries considerable risks. Research suggests that one out of every 100,000 patients receiving general anesthesia die. Others suffer serious adverse issues due to allergies or practitioner errors.
Causes of Anesthesia Malpractice
Anesthesiologists typically receive anywhere between 12 to 15 years of post-high-school education. This includes undergrad, medical school, an anesthesiology residency, and licensing. You’d expect that after more than a decade of education and training, an anesthesiologist would not make careless mistakes or errors on the job.
Unfortunately, anesthesia errors happen in about 1 out of 133 cases.
Many times, preventable mistakes by these highly-trained professionals are the root cause, including the following:
- Lack of knowledge
- Lack of education
- Improper procedure
- Delayed delivery of anesthesia
- Prolonged sedation
- Failure to recognize complications
- Failure to intubate
- Medication dosage error
- Monitoring failures
- Shutting off important alarms and gauges
When an anesthesiologist makes a mistake that injures or kills a patient, they may be considered negligent. Negligence is the basis for a medical malpractice lawsuit in which an injured patient or grieving family member can pursue compensation for resulting damages.
Consequences of Anesthesia Malpractice
Some anesthesia errors can be deadly. Others can fundamentally change the course of a patient’s life. Some common complications, side effects, and adverse effects associated with anesthesia malpractice include:
- Heart attack
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain damage
- Tracheal damage
- Cognitive dysfunction
- Heart arrhythmia
- Arterial damage
- Orange damage
- Blurred vision
- Nerve injury
- Respiratory issues
For some patients, the consequences will be immediate and short-lived. For others, damage caused by errors in anesthesia can haunt them for the rest of their lives. Whatever your situation, you deserve compensation if your anesthesiologist was negligent.
What Damages Can I Get In a Nashville Anesthesia Malpractice Lawsuit?
Anesthesia errors can be costly for your physical health, emotional well-being, and financial security. By filing an anesthesia malpractice lawsuit, you can demand compensation for all your injuries, trauma, and suffering.
In Tennessee, you can pursue economic and non-economic damages in anesthesia malpractice lawsuits. Economic damages offset the financial losses you experience because of the anesthesia error, while non-economic damages compensate for the suffering and trauma you endure as a victim.
A successful claim can help you recover compensation for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Medical devices and equipment
- Lost wages and income
- Nursing assistance
- Pain and suffering
- Chronic physical pain
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Funeral expenses
Our anesthesia malpractice lawyers in Nashville will work tirelessly to recover all compensation available to you under Tennessee state law.
How Long Do I Have to File an Anesthesia Malpractice Case in Nashville, Tennessee?
In Tennessee, the statute of limitations for anesthesia malpractice lawsuits is:
- One year from the date your anesthesia injury is discovered.
- But no more than three years from the date the anesthesia malpractice is committed.
If you’ve suffered the wrongful death of a family member because of an anesthesia error, the statute of limitations is also one year.
Contact NST Law - Nashville Anesthesia Malpractice Lawyers
If you’ve suffered an injury or lost a close family member because of an error in the administration of anesthesia in Nashville, Tennessee, call NST Law.
Our Nashville anesthesia malpractice attorneys are Champions for the Injured. For over 33 years, we’ve built a reputation for being aggressive and compassionate advocates for victims of medical errors across the Volunteer State. We’ve won life-changing settlements and jury verdicts through hard work and fierce dedication to our clients.
Now, it’s time for you to benefit from all our law firm offers. Contact us to arrange your free consultation today.