Knoxville Rental Car Accidents
Rental cars are commonplace on the road. Every day thousands of people rent cars for work, travel, and out of necessity from companies like Enterprise, Avis, and Hertz. Rental vehicle collisions bring with them complexities that are not typically found in traditional car accident cases. Many times, several forms of insurance are at play and an attorney is needed to identify and analyze each one. The Knoxville car accident lawyers of Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz have represented thousands of car accident victims and have successfully recovered over $1 billion in compensation for them in over 30 years of practice. If you or a loved one was injured in a rental car accident in Knoxville, our attorneys are ready to discuss your legal options with you today.Hit By a Rental Car? Now What?
If you have been involved in a rental car accident in the Knoxville area, the following steps can be beneficial towards protecting your legal rights:
- Contact the police immediately. The Knoxville Police Department can be reached at 865-215-7000. If you are on the University of Tennessee campus, you can contact the UT Police Department at 865-974-3111 for emergencies or 865-974-3114 for non-emergencies. The responding officer will investigate the crash and may cite the defendant for a traffic offense, such as failure to maintain a safe lookout or speeding.
- Collect all of the information you can about the at-fault driver – driver’s license, tag number, personal insurance carrier, phone number, and more. Also ask about any extra insurance he may have purchased through the rental company or that he may have through his credit card.
- Talk to anyone that saw the accident occur. Witnesses to the accident could have invaluable knowledge of how the accident occurred. It is important to obtain their contact information so that your attorney can contact them when necessary. Over time, witnesses may move or their memories may fade, meaning time is of the essence.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and the vehicles involved in the wreck. It is important to document the property damage to the vehicles and the location of the damage so your attorney can successfully argue in support the injuries you suffered.
- Contact an experienced car accident attorney in the Knoxville area. As soon as possible after the accident, it is important to contact a lawyer. Insurance companies may dispute liability or coverage, so you will want someone on your side to vigorously fight for your interests.
Rental car accidents are different from your standard auto wreck in that multiple parties and insurance carriers will be involved. A knowledgeable attorney will be able to navigate these difficult waters and identify all appropriate parties to the claim. Typical parties in an accident with someone driving a rental car are the at-fault driver, the driver’s insurance carrier, the rental car company, and the rental car company’s insurance carrier. Often the driver may have several other insurance policies protecting him other than his personal car insurance. He may have purchased additional insurance through the rental company, and if he paid by credit card, he may have some extra protection through the credit card company. Our Knoxville lawyers do not leave any stones unturned when fighting for your recovery.Retain a Car Accident Attorney Today if You Were Injured in Knox County
When accidents happen, most parties are at a loss as to what to do next and are frustrated with getting the run-around from the insurance company. Our Knoxville attorneys are experienced in dealing with rental car accidents and can handle any type of injury from whiplash to permanent paralysis to death. We are committed to thoroughly examining all the details of your case and fighting for the damages you are rightfully entitled to. Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz represents injured victims of car accidents throughout Tennessee, Mississippi, Missouri, Kentucky, and Arkansas, including in Knoxville, Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga, Jackson, Tupelo, Meridian, Oxford, Caruthersville, Hayti, Starkville, Grenada, Columbus, Little Rock, and Jonesboro. Contact us by calling us toll-free at 800-529-4004 or by completing our online form. After talking with us, you will understand why NST is the way to go if you need a car crash lawyer in Knoxville.