"Call the Champs!"
Nahon, Saharovich, & Trotz

Union City Car Accidents

Union City Auto Accident Attorneys Can Get You the Compensation You Deserve

As any Union City resident can tell you, it may not be the biggest city, but what it lacks in size and population it makes up for in attraction – the metropolitan area includes surrounding Obion County, Tennessee and Fulton County, Kentucky, sits approximately 15 minutes away from University of Tennessee at Martin, and is also home to Discovery Park America. Major highways such as U.S. Highways 51 and 45, and Highways 5, 431 (Martin Highway), 22, and 214 coalesce around the city, drawing people from near and far to the area. With so much traffic in and around Union City, it is no surprise that automobile accidents in surrounding Obion County have increased in recent years, according to statistics available through the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security. If you have been injured in an automobile collision, you may have questions about what to do and who to trust. A Union City car accident lawyer can walk you through the process of how to recover compensation for your losses – such as injuries, medical bills, and lost wages – due to a motor vehicle accident.

Car Accidents Occurring in Union City, Tennessee

Although a motor vehicle accident can happen anywhere, some areas are more dangerous than others. Union City residents and visitors alike should be especially careful around areas such as:

  • The intersection of North Clover Street and South Everett Boulevard
  • Highway 51/Jere B Ford Memorial Highway
  • Jonesboro Road and Buffington Road
  • South 4th Street
  • Highway 45
  • Highway 5

The first thing you should do if you’ve been in an automobile collision in Union City is call the police. Depending on your location, the Union City Police Department, Obion County Sherriff’s Office, or Tennessee Highway Patrol may respond to the scene. It is always best to call the police, even if you feel the accident is “minor,” because 1) even “minor” accidents can turn into major headaches, and 2) the police will investigate the scene, interview parties and witnesses, write a report, and issue tickets to the at-fault party.

Accident reports written by police can go a long way in helping to establish fault and liability, which a car accident lawyer in Union City may need for your legal case if you hope to get compensated for your losses. If you forget to call the police at the scene immediately after the accident, you can either go to the Union City Police Department station, located at 408 S. Depot Street, or the Obion County Sheriff’s Office, located at 1 Law Lane, to report the accident and request an incident report. Even after the fact, the police may be able to interview the at-fault party and determine fault.

For more than 30 years, our firm has helped people injured in accidents throughout Tennessee. As we have seen throughout the years, common causes of wrecks include:

  • Failure to yield right of way
  • Failure to maintain proper lookout
  • Improper lane change
  • Running red lights
  • Failure to yield at stop sign
  • DUI/DWI (Driving Under the Influence/Driving While Intoxicated)
  • Texting While Driving
  • Distracted Driving

If you suffer injuries due to the accident, you have the right to receive medical treatment. It is common for car accident victims in the Union City area to be evaluated at facilities like Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union City on Bishop Street or Fast Pace Urgent Care located off Highway 51. Tennessee law states that injured victims have the right to recover reasonable and necessary medical expenses incurred as a result of the other driver’s negligence. Those expenses can include bills for emergency room treatment, primary care physician visits, specialist consultations, physical therapy, surgery, prescriptions, medical devices, and more.

After contacting the police, you should consult with a car accident attorney in the Union City area, who can advise you of your legal rights. Our lawyers take pride in fully investigating each client’s accident and explaining all elements of damages to which they may be entitled to under Tennessee law. In addition to medical bills, you may be able to recover for lost wages, pain and suffering, scarring, and permanent disability.

Want a Free Consultation with a Tennessee Personal Injury Attorney? Contact Us Today

Our Union City car accident attorneys are ready to get started on your case today. With multiple Tennessee offices, Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz has been serving the Volunteer State for more than 30 years. If you have been injured in a car wreck anywhere in Tennessee, including Union City, Martin, Troy, Dyersburg, Tiptonville, Rives, Kenton, Woodland Mills, or Obion, call us at 800-529-4004 or complete our online form for a no-cost case evaluation with an attorney who specializes in personal injury law. We look forward to showing you why NST is the way to go.