Memphis Vaccine Injury Lawyers
Vaccine Injury Lawyers Serving People Injured Nationwide
Every day, thousands of people around the country, young and old, receive vaccines to prevent specific illnesses. Although most people are safely vaccinated, sometimes vaccines cause unintended side effects on the body, which can lead to severe and debilitating injuries. With the need for vaccines to protect the general welfare of people throughout the country, but knowing that some people may suffer rare but tragic injuries due to being vaccinated, Congress created the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) in 1988 to help those harmed by vaccines. If you or a loved has suffered negative side effects or illness due to a vaccination, call our Memphis vaccine injury lawyers at Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz. You may be entitled to compensation, and our personal injury lawyers can guide you and your loved ones through the legal process.
Claims for Injuries Caused by Vaccines
Negative side effects from vaccines can range in severity. Pain and limitations could go away in mere moments, such as soreness, while others can last a lifetime, such as paralysis. Serious vaccine injuries can cause permanent medical conditions that can be costly to treat, including doctor visits, surgery, medications, and medical devices. Through the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program created by Congress, those who suffer certain vaccine injuries may be able to recover compensation for medical bills (past and future), lost wages (past and future), and pain and suffering. Claims can be asserted by injured parties themselves, but if the victim is a minor child, the parent or legal guardian can bring the claim. If you or a loved one has been injured after being vaccinated, we invite you to contact us to learn if you have a valid claim.
Reasons to Hire a Vaccine Injury Attorney
Here are ways in which you can benefit by hiring a vaccination attorney to protect your rights.
- There is NO OUT OF POCKET COST to hire an attorney, as legal fees instead are paid by the VICP.
- Vaccine injury cases are complex and often require medical experts to support your injuries. On behalf of those injured in Memphis and elsewhere, our vaccine injury lawyers can advance costs associated with your claim, which could include consulting with and retaining qualified medical experts to testify on your behalf.
- To properly process claims through the VICP, there are several procedural steps you must take and strict deadlines that must be met for the claim to be allowed for consideration. Our vaccine lawyers are able to ensure that all the proper steps are taken, and again, at no cost to you.
- Lastly, as an injured person, or someone caring for an injured person, you should not have to try and do this all by yourself. Let us take the burden off your back and work on your behalf to help you get what you are legally entitled to recover under the law.
What Type of Vaccines are Covered Under the VICP?
Each year, new vaccines are tested and regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Many of these vaccines may take years before any adverse affects are known and documented. Under the VICP, certain side effects and injuries from the following vaccines have been deemed compensable through the program:
- Tetanus (DTaP, DTP, DT, Td, or TT)
- Pertussis (DTP, DTaP, P, DTP-Hib)
- Vaccines containing measles, mumps, and rubella virus or any of its components (MMR, MM, MMRV)
- Hepatitis B
- Oral Polio Vaccine (OPV)
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV)
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
- Pneumococcal conjugate
- Hepatitis A
- Meningococcal (meningitis)
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
Call Our Vaccine Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been injured due to one of the vaccines listed above, the Memphis vaccine injury attorneys at Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz are here to help. As a large regional personal injury law firm, our team serves those injured throughout Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, and Kentucky, including Memphis, Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga, Jackson, Tupelo, Oxford, Meridian, Little Rock, Jonesboro, Cape Girardeau, Sikeston, and Paducah. We have the required certification to practice before the Federal Claims Court, which gives us the ability to help those injured all across the country. Vaccine compensation claims must be filed within a strict period of time, making it beneficial to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Our personal injury attorneys are committed to serving you, and we are available 24/7 to take your call. Contact our office by calling 800-529-4004 or by completing our online form to set up a free consultation. Let us show you the NST way.